3 Ways To Fix A Chipped Tooth

3 Ways To Fix A Chipped Tooth

August 1, 2019

There are a lot of people who keep their tooth on a daily basis. When you chip your tooth due to some accident or by biting some hard food, it is advised that you visit your dentist as soon as possible in order to fix your chipped tooth. Dr. Vinit Shah is one of the most experienced and professional dentists that will help you fix your chipped tooth in the most efficient manner possible.

There are three ways you can get the treatment done.

Dental bonding

As the name suggests dental bonding bonds your chipped tooth with composite. Dental bonding is a preferred method by patients because it is quick and painless. Also, it does not require any kind of numbing medication. You can get it done without anesthesia. Many patients see this as an added advantage.

Dental Crowns

If you have got a relatively larger chip in your tooth, your dentist will suggest you go for a crown. The dental crown takes to dental visits to perfectly place it. Crowns last longer as they are composed of metal resin or ceramic.

If the injury is too deep, your dentist will suggest you get a root canal done. Do not worry about the pains that root canal will give you. Root canal being painful is just a rumor. Dentist give you local anesthesia before performing a root canal in your mouth. This numbs your affected area and you will not even feel a thing.

Porcelain veneers

It is another option for repairing a chipped tooth. One single veneer can be used to repair a single chip on the tooth. This treatment also takes just to office visits to disguise you are gaps and give you a perfect looking smile.

If you or someone else that you know has recently been in an accident that has damaged that tooth, make sure you schedule an appointment to your dentist as soon as possible. If you take it lightly, it might further damage your jaw. You do not need that. So book an appointment now. If you are looking for a dentist that will look after all your dental problems, call Dr. Vinit Shah now